BTLC courses are facilitated study groups in which participants use provided materials and one another to strengthen their teacher leadership skills. Participants work to demonstrate that they meet course competencies by completing the practice-based performance assessments. Read more about this unique professional learning structure here.
In 2016-2017 school year, courses will be offered to school-based cohorts.
Contact Us with inquiries about hosting a course at your school.
Registration and Payment Information
The BTLC course registration fee is $1000 plus the cost of graduate credits, if desired. (See details below.) The total cost is due before the third class session. Required books and binder of materials will be provided upon payment.
Before your register:
- Participating teachers must be a member of a team. This includes grade-level teams, department teams, school-wide teams and district level teams. If you have questions about whether a team or teacher leadership role you hold is applicable, please contact us.
- Check the course schedule to be sure you have no conflicts. Participation in every session is encouraged.
After you register:
- Upon registration, you will receive an email indicating that your registration has been received.
- After the minimum enrollment limit of 10 participants has been reached, you will receive confirmation of the course schedule together with an invoice for online payment.
- After your payment is received, you will receive a receipt via email.
Graduate Credit Option
Course participants may choose to earn three graduate credits for successful completion of each core course. These credits, issued by UMass Boston, are applicable toward UMass Boston's many advanced graduate programs, including the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS) program in Teacher Leadership. (Teachers can apply all four 3-credit core courses to the UMass CAGS program, fulfilling up to 12 of the total 36 credits required for this certificate.)
Cost: $600 per course, payable with registration fee) For more information, please visit link above or contact Jack Leonard, Assistant Professor, UMass Boston.
Teachers who complete all four core courses and plus role-relevant training will earn the Boston Teacher Leadership Certificate, a credential that attests their demonstrated teacher leadership skills and distinguishes them as valuable resources in their schools and the district.