Graduate Certificate in School Leadership
The Graduate Certificate in School Leadership for Educational Equity, Racial Understanding, and Organizational Transformation is a principal preparation program aligned to the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) administrator standards and develops core competencies in three main areas: Organizational Leadership, Anti-Racist Leadership and Social Emotional Competencies.
The program is delivered online through a combination of synchronous and asynchronous coursework and is designed for working professionals.
The program was created in partnership with Teachers21 and the Organizational and Leadership Psychology Department at William James College. The certificate is offered through William James College.
- 18 total credits
- 3 semesters of online coursework (fall, spring, summer)
- 500 practicum hours at school site
- Capstone project (for those earning a principal certification)
- The curriculum is designed to prepare you for the MA PAL state assessment for licensure
Curriculum and Coursework
- Leadership of Educational Institutions
- Shaping School Culture
- The Crux of School Leadership: Managing Dilemmas, Paradoxes, and Complexity
- The Psychology of Racism and Discrimination
- Anti-racist Leadership/Multicultural Leadership/Change Leadership
- DEI Interventions Effective Communication
How to Apply
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2021. Here is a list of our requirements
- Completed Online Application
- $60 Application Fee
- Professional Letter of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume (Please list 2 references on your CV.)
- Application Essay
- Official Transcripts